Netgear is a global leader in manufacturing network equipment. Netgear provides internet service through routers. Netgear routers are basically very little electronic gizmos designed to capture the web signal arriving from your cable electronic equipment and permit multiple computers to attach either through a wire or wireless interconnection
The routers aren’t plug-and-play devices, however; you can’t simply hook them up to the cable electronic equipment and expect them to perform. Instead, you need to set up your router through your computer’s application before it’ll act properly. This article is your complete guide to the Netgear router setup for cable connection.
Netgear cable modem routers are completely tested to perform with all US Cable Operator web Services by CableLabs, the industry’s testing laboratory. NETGEAR’s cable electronic equipment routers have received further testing certificates from leading cable service supplier’s like- Comcast and Time Warner Cable.
If still after so many tests user come across the issues while setting up Netgear router for a cable modem, then you can contact the expert technicians for help. The experienced techies are always available to hear user problems and provide the best and on the spot solution for their problems.
How to Configure Netgear Router with Cable Modem
To configure your Netgear router address for cable internet connection with Smart Wizard, follow the steps described below:
- Unplug your electronic equipment and connect it to the net port of the NETGEAR router through Ethernet cable and connect your PC to any of the four LAN ports.
- Plug in your router and cable modem again and wait for all to end booting up the process.
- Now, Open an online browser and enter the router’s IP which might be either http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 within the address bar and press enter.
- Now, you’re prompted to login into the router.
- The default username is admin and also the default password is password.
- The username and password both are case-sensitive.
- If the router is not started by default username and password, you may have modified the password. Please remember the changed alternative password. Otherwise, a factory reset is required to revive the router to reset the default settings.
- Select Setup Wizard and tap ‘Yes’ and click on next.The Setup Wizard detects the kind of web interconnection. For cable web connections, the Setup Wizard detects Dynamic IP
- Tap on ‘Next’ button to save the settings on the router.
- Once it has finished configuring the internet setup, it will display a congratulations notification on the page. Now tap on Take me to the Internet to examine the interconnection.
- To visualize if you’re connected to the net, choose Router status underneath Maintenance.
Netgear Router Configuration Problems
1- Connectivity Issues
If you’re experiencing connectivity issues, with your wireless Netgear router, then check setup and immediately contact your Internet service provider to ensure the activation status of your device. Next, check for the power levels of the cable line and remove any splitter that is located between your cable lines as splitters reduce the signal quality. Finally, check for the latest firmware version of your cable modem and then power cycle your network as most of the connectivity issues present between cable modems and modem routers can be resolved by performing the power cycle.
2- Reset Your Network Router
If you are facing any difficulty while connecting to internet after configuring your network router, then you can reset your Netgear router setup. A factory will solve all your problems and will restore all settings and it can help you to resolve software problems linked to your router.
Netgear Smart Wizard
Smart Wizard is a versatile and heavily customizable wizard plugin with Bootstrap support. It’s straightforward to implement and offers a neat and trendy interface for your forms, checkout screen, registration steps etc. Netgear smart wizard is a lot of powerful, robust, climbable and customizable. We’ve got more lots of options not restricted to Bootstrap support, themes, customizable toolbars, customizable choices, public strategies, event support and a lot more.
Features of Netgear Smart Wizard:
- Bootstrap support
- Theme support included
- Responsive themes
- Heavily specialized toolbar, the choice to add extra buttons.
Today, all around the world people are using internet services through routers. Nobody can imagine their work to be done without internet connectivity. A Netgear router is also a technical device offering internet services and users may face issues anytime with the device, and for the quick support, you need tech support advisers who can provide complete support in that situation. At this instance, you can connect to Netgear router helpline and take assistance from 24/7 available tech support experts.